Sunday, August 2, 2009

Summer Fun





Well it has been busy this summer with working in the garden and trying to stay active with Sky. We took Sky out in the kayaks on the Ocheyedan Pit last week and then for a swim afterward. He definitely enjoyed that but we don't have pictures as we were afraid to loose the camera in the water or get it wet. Skyler has been helping in the garden by playing in the dirt and mud and loves to eat the green beans as fast as I can pick them.

Nick has spent quite a bit of time fishing in the last couple of weeks so everyone has been on the move here. As for me the pregnancy is nearing the end!!!! Just 3 weeks to go and I feel good so no complaints here. I did cut off a part of my thumb last night though cutting potatoes and to say the least it hurts. No stitches were needed as the skin I cut off was not big enough to reattach but I did cut off part of my thumb nail as well. Somethings are difficult to do as the wound is rather large and I do not want to get infection so dishes and stuff with getting it wet can be a challenge but I do have rubber gloves to use so.

The weather has been absolutely perfect this summer, not to hot and not to cold!!! It could stand to be a bit warmer as I don't think my cantelope are going to get big enough to eat or even amount to anything but my tomatoes are very full and I have froze several quarts of beans. This week I will need to get in the garden and get the carrots up as I think they are about ready but I will need Nicks help on that one so I don't get my thumb dirty and infected. That's all we know for now!!!

No comments: